The Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) is a professional organization of individual trainers who are committed to becoming better trainers through education.
Here's some of what the APDT does for its members:
- provide educational resources to build dog trainers’ skills and knowledge
- promote the use of reward-based training methods, thereby minimizing the use of aversive techniques
- educate trainers, allied animal professionals, the media, and the public about the value of training
- foster effective communication and cooperation among dog trainers
- provide members with resources that empower them to build successful businesses
- build alliances with companion animal professions.
APDT members agree to abide by the association's Code of Professional Conduct.
Ann Dupuis has been a member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) since 2003, and a "Professional Member" (certified) since 2008.